Portugal | Week I


My first trip outside of Canada in 2021 had to be Portugal. 

I got my vaccines, and after 14 days I was on an airplane to Lisbon. I can’t even explain the feeling I had when I started to see Lisbon from the window. 

The only plan was to see and spend some quality time with my friends. I didn’t even take my camera with me to take some good photos. I even barely touched my phone while in there. 

I wanted to enjoy it 100%, live the moment as much as I could.  


A minha primeira viagem para fora do Canada em 2021 tinha de ser para Portugal. 

Levei as minhas vacinas, e 14 dias depois estava num avião para Lisboa. Não vos consigo explicar o sentimento que tive quando comecei a ver Lisboa da janela. 

O único plano que tinha era ver e passar tempo de qualidade com os meus amigos. Nem sequer levei a minha máquina comigo para tirar fotos. E mal toquei no meu telefone enquanto lá estive. 

Eu queria muito aproveitar a 100% e viver no momento o mais possível. 






It felt so good to be back, to be surrounded by my loved ones. 

On my second day there, I spent the whole entire day at my best friend’s house. I know her since we were like 3 or 4 years old. 

We had a pool day like we used to do when we were younger, and even had another friend coming over and joining us like the good old times. I felt like I was dreaming the whole entire time, kinda felt like a kid again. Except that now we talk about our jobs instead of talking about school haha.  


Soube tão bem regressar lá, estar rodeada das pessoas que eu amo. 

No meu segundo dia lá, passei o dia inteiro em casa da minha melhor amiga. Conheço-a desde que tínhamos 3 ou 4 anos. 

Fizemos um dia na piscina como fazíamos quando éramos mais novas, e até veio outra amiga juntar-se a nós como nos velhos bons tempos. Senti que estava a sonhar o tempo inteiro, e senti-me como uma criança outra vez. Exceto que agora falamos dos nossos trabalhos em vez de falarmos sobre a escola haha.  






My days were pretty much just about meeting with my friends, spending the whole day catching up with them while drinking the amazing Portuguese beer and eating that delicious food I missed so food. 

I put on some pounds while I was there, not going to lie but it was worth it.  


Os meus dias foram praticamente só a ver os meus amigos, passar o dia inteiro a meter a conversa em dia com eles enquanto estava a beber a cerveja maravilhosa de Portugal e a comer aquela comida deliciosa de que eu tinha tantas saudades. 

Engordei um bocadinho enquanto estive lá, não vou mentir. Mas valeu totalmente a pena.  






I went to the beach only twice while I was there. One time to go eat really good seafood (you can’t blame me) and see a beautiful sunset, and the other time to spend the whole day just trying to get a little tan. 

I failed terrible on this last mission because I can’t just lay in there. I get bored. 

I also got more tattoos in there. I decided it was the best souvenir I could get from there and I will remember it forever.   


Fui duas vezes à praia enquanto lá estive. Uma vez para comer marisco bom (não me julguem) e ver um por do sol lindo, e a outra para passar o dia inteiro deitada ao sol, a ver se bronzeava um bocadinho. 

Claro que falhei por completo nesta ultima missão porque eu não consigo só estar ali deitada. Fico aborrecida. 

Também fiz mais tatuagens enquanto estive lá. Decidi que era o melhor souvenir que podia trazer de lá e que me vou lembrar para sempre.  






I was enjoying my trip so much that I decided to stay an extra week. So I spent about a week in my home town and another week in Lisbon. 

My week at home was pretty much about drinking, eating and chill with my friends. 

I fell in love with Portugal again. I don’t remember the last time I felt this way about my country. 

I’ll share my week in Lisbon in my next post. I really hope you liked this one. :)  


Estava a gostar tanto da minha viagem que decidi ficar um dia extra. Então passei mais ou menos uma semana na minha cidade e outra em Lisboa. 

A minha semana em casa foi muito à base de beber, comer e estar com os meus amigos. 

Apaixonei-me por Portugal outra vez. Não me lembro da última vez que me senti assim com o meu país. 

Vou partilhar a minha semana em Lisboa no próximo post. Espero muito que tenham gostado deste. :) 


“Home is a place you grow up wanting to leave, 

and grow old wanting to get back to.”   






♥  


Follow

0 Comments