Girl In Rio | Part I


I crossed off one place my bucket list in the beginning of this year - Rio de Janeiro.  

Rio was a place I’ve always wanted to go but I didn’t want to go by myself for safety reasons. Let’s say it isn’t the right place for a girl to do a solo trip (my opinion might have changed on this topic during this trip tho). 

It took me about three months to convince my boyfriend to go there. He was also very concerned about the safety in there and he didn’t want to go at all until I was finally able to convince him.  

We went to Rio in the beginning of February. We stayed there for about a week.  


Risquei um sitio da minha bucket list no inicio deste ano: o Rio de Janeiro. 

O Rio era um sitio que eu sempre quis ir mas não queria ir sozinha, por questões de segurança. Vamos dizer que não é o sitio mais apropriado para uma rapariga fazer uma viagem solo (a minha opinião pode ter mudado neste tópico durante esta viagem). 

Demorou uns três meses a convencer o meu namorado a ir lá. Ele também estava preocupado com a segurança lá e não queria ir de todo até que finalmente o convenci. 

Fomos ao Rio no inicio de Fevereiro. Ficamos lá cerca de uma semana. 




We stayed at Pestana Rio Atlântica Hotel in Copacabana and honestly it was one of the best hotels I’ve ever been to. 

The hotel was right across the street from the beach. We had an amazing view from our room to the beach and to Forte de Copacabana. 

It had a lovely rooftop with an amazing view. I wish I took some pictures of the rooftop, but I only took to the view which was truly incredible.   


Ficamos no hotel Pestana Rio Atlântica em Copacabana e sinceramente acho que foi um dos melhores hotéis onde já fiquei. 

O hotel era mesmo em frente à praia. Tínhamos uma vista linda do nosso quarto para a praia e para o Forte de Copacabana. 

Tinha um rooftop fantástico com uma vista maravilhosa. Gostava de ter tirado mais fotos ao rooftop, mas tirei apenas à vista que era mesmo incrível. 




We spent the first couple days mostly at the beach, we wanted to enjoy the good weather as much as we could. 

We also explored a little bit the area and the restaurants around the hotel. Let me tell you something guys… Brazil is the place to go if you like to eat. I thought that in Portugal the portions were good, but a portion for one in Brazil can feed two or three people. The food is also really good. 

They also have the best açai that I’ve ever had. It’s so delicious.  


Passamos a maior parte dos primeiros dias na praia, queríamos aproveitar ao máximo o bom tempo. 

Também exploramos um bocadinho da area e dos restaurantes perto do hotel. Deixem que vos digo uma coisa… o Brasil é o sitio para ir se vocês gostam de comer. Eu pensava que em Portugal as porções eram boas, mas uma porção no brasil para uma pessoa dá bem para duas ou três. A comida também é muito boa. 

Eles também têm o melhor açai que eu já comi. É maravilhoso!  




Let’s talk about safety cause it’s a big thing when it comes to Rio. 

I have to be honest, we were always very careful. I left all of my jewelry at home, I took all of my normal clothes… nothing too expensive. 

When at the beach we only took our clothes and flip flops with us, we left our phones always at the hotel. We barely went out at night and when walking around I was always holding my tiny purse. 

I didn’t feel unsafe but I also didn’t feel 100% safe, you know what I mean?  


Vamos falar sobre a segurança, porque é uma grande coisa quando se fala no Rio. 

Tenho de ser sincera, nós tivemos sempre muito cuidado. Deixei toda a minha bijuteria em casa, levei as minhas roupas normais… nada de caro. 

Quando vamos à praia, apenas levamos as nossas roupas e os chinelos conosco, deixávamos os telefones sempre no hotel. Mal saímos à noite e caminhávamos, eu estava sempre a segurar na minha mala pequenina. 

Não me senti insegura, mas também não me senti 100% segura, sabem o que quero dizer?




I talked about solo trips to Rio in the beginning of this post and now that I went there I can tell you - it isn’t that bad as long as you’re aware of your surroundings and don’t take too much “bling bling” with you. 

Brazilian people are SO nice and so welcoming! I don’t have words to describe how nice they were to us.

We saved the best for our last days and I’ll talk about it on my next post. 

I really hope you liked this post. :)  


Falei sobre viagens a solo para o Rio no inicio deste post e agora que fui lá, posso dizer-vos: não é assim tão mau, desde que prestem atenção à vossa volta e não devem demasiado “bling bling” com vocês. 

Os brasileiros são SUPER simpáticos e acolhedores! Não tenho palavras para descrever o quão fantásticos eles foram conosco. 

Nos guardamos o melhor para os últimos dias e eu vou falar sobre isso no meu proximo post. 

Espero muito que tenham gostado deste post. :) 


“Follow your heart, even if 

it takes you all the way to Rio.” 






Follow

0 Comments